Within this privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”), we, in our role as a data controller, elucidate the manner in which we manage your personal data when you access and utilize our website, https://www.vitaverdicts.com/ (“Website”).
Our data processing activities adhere to the tenets of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and other pertinent legal regulations governing the protection of your personal data.
This Privacy Statement is legally binding and constitutes an integral segment of our General Terms and Conditions.
If you wish to enact any of your rights enumerated in this communication, you are welcome to direct your queries and requests through the provided channels in the Contacts section.
PRINCIPLES OF DATA HANDLING
We uphold the following principles when processing personal data:
- Personal data is processed with lawfulness, equity, and transparency (lawfulness, fairness, and transparency principle).
- Personal data is used exclusively for well-defined, explicit, and legitimate purposes, without further processing incompatible with those intentions (purpose limitation principle).
- Personal data collected is pertinent, necessary, and appropriate for the designated purposes (data minimization principle).
- Personal data is accurate and kept updated (accuracy principle).
- Personal data is retained in an identifiable format only for the duration necessary for its intended purpose (storage limitation principle).
- Adequate technical and organizational measures ensure the security of personal data, guarding against unauthorized or illegal processing, loss, destruction, or damage (integrity and confidentiality principle).
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA AND PURPOSES
We process the subsequent data for the outlined purposes:
- Data provided for subscribing to our email communications and newsletters. This processing is grounded in your consent, and if we’ve previously offered services to you via our Website, we might also process the information based on our legitimate interest, aiming to suggest related services. You can withdraw consent or object to processing at any point.
- Communication data, encompassing content and metadata, sent to us. The legal basis here is your consent or our legitimate interests, particularly for dispute resolution.
- Data regarding your Website usage and device data during browsing. This information, obtained through cookies and similar tech, includes IP address, location, browser details, etc. It’s used to improve the Website and default settings. The basis for this processing is your consent and/or our legitimate interest.
- Information needed for legal claims. This processing relies on our legitimate interests, centered on safeguarding and asserting our legal rights.
- Data required to fulfill legal obligations.
Notably, we don’t gather special categories of personal data (including race, religion, health, etc.) or information about criminal history.
DATA RETENTION PERIODS
Data retention periods are as follows:
- Information for email subscriptions – retained for up to 2 years post-consent or, for current clients receiving messages, 2 years after service ends, unless consent is withdrawn or objections arise.
- Communication data – retained for up to 6 months post-communication, unless consent is withdrawn.
- Usage and device data – retained for up to 2 years post-consent or as long as needed for legitimate interests.
- Data for legal claims – retained until a legal decision or conclusion.
- Data for legal obligations – retained in accordance with relevant laws.
Upon expiration, or per your request, data is securely destroyed.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose personal data to service providers for specific purposes. Data processors must adhere to our instructions and data processing agreements.
Personal data might also be disclosed to protect rights, fulfill legal duties, obtain advice, or in the event of business changes.
Some recipients could be outside the European Union, but appropriate safeguards ensure privacy.
We may contact you for updates, but you can opt-out via provided links or contact means.
Withdrawal of consent doesn’t affect prior processing’s lawfulness.
PROTECTING PERSONAL DATA
Both technical and organizational measures protect your data, like access control and encryption.
DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You possess several data protection rights:
- Right to be informed about data processing.
- Right to access data.
- Right to rectification.
- Right to erasure.
- Right to restrict processing.
- Right to object to processing.
- Right to data portability.
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority.
- Right to withdraw consent.
- Right to avoid solely automated decisions.
To exercise these rights, contact us via email.
Cookies, like identifiers stored by web browsers, help us enhance your experience. By visiting our Website, you agree to cookie usage.
Cookies may contain non-identifiable user info and could be used by service providers we collaborate with.
You can manage cookies through browser settings, though this might affect Website usability.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Website may link to third-party sites with different privacy policies. We don’t control these, so read their policies.
MEDIATION OF ADVERTISING
We partner with Mediavine for interest-based advertising, which employs cookies. To opt-out, visit relevant sites.
Our services are intended for users over 18. If underage data is found, we’ll delete it.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY ADDENDUM
California consumers have extra rights as per the California Consumer Privacy Act.
UPDATING YOUR DATA
Keep us informed of any changes to your personal data.
For queries and requests, contact us at the given email.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
Changes will be posted on the Website, with significant changes possibly notified via email or other means.